Monday 6 October 2014

Rimmel Apoclalip Lip Velvets




Hey lovelies!


Today I thought that I'd have a natter to you about the Rimmel Apocalip Lip Velvets which I first showed via this haul post but also via this YouTube video. I loved, and still love the originals so much so that at first I was a bit sceptical about picking up some of these newer formula ones to give a go, so let me tell you what I think.



Rimmel Apocalip Matte Lip Velvets (the swatches)          Left - Meteoric Matte  
     Right - Burning Lava




Above - Showcasing the deeper shade of the two, Meteoric Matte
Below - Burning Lava






I think that these are nice. They have a very soft velvety finish on application and the pigmentation is incredible, so incredible that you really should use either a lip pencil for these, or you could just grab a little tincy tiny bit of the product using a lip brush, you cannot, I repeat, you cannot apply these straight from the applicator in a rush, and if you can - well you're just a bit cray! They definitely need a bit of time and patience, once you've got them on however, the staying power is amazing but you will find that they feel a bit odd, almost powdery, drying and perhaps a little flaky feeling although they don't actually look it, perhaps a little balm both before hand and afterwards could help with this, I just feel a bit unsure about these products to be completely honest with you, but I love the new matte packaging and I think that the shades are utterly gorgeous.



Have you tried these new matte formulas?
If so, what did you think of them??



Be sure to let me know down below if you have any requests for future posts




x




5 comments:

  1. I love how pigmented these are and they look stunning on you!! such gorgeous shades xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried either formula, but they look stunning! X

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg the color is stunning! I haven't tried the lip velvet but I have a bright color in their original formula.

    Would love if you check out my blog. Followed you on twitter and instagram!
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've picked up a few of these from my local poudland! I love the colours Xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty colour is this :) You are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete