Friday 11 July 2014

Skincare Routine #1




Hey beauties,
today I thought I'd write a post explaining all that I can, to do with my skin care routine. I do the exact same thing each morning and evening, but I do definitely like to add in the odd treat preferably 2 times a week on my days off from work.


Loreal Cleansing Milk - £3.99 - Boots Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 - £3.79 - Boots
Simple Soothing Facial Toner - £2.99 - Boots

As you can see my skin care routine is very basic, but it definitely does work great on my skin, and keeps me breakout free the majority of the time, although you can see in the image below that I do have two beast mountain spots just off from my mouth that's been lingering for around two weeks now, its a stubborn one that's for sure! Seriously though if anyone knows of any ground breaking products that work for them, for use on existing spots, please do let me know I'd be most grateful :-) 
Anyway lets run through the steps of my routine.

1. First off I like to take a coin sized blob of the Loreal Skin Perfection Cleansing and Perfecting Milk onto a cotton pad, I take it over one of my eyes, where I like to give it a little 'wiggle wiggle' onto my mascara packed lashes, even with waterproof mascara I find that this eliminates it without tugging at the lashes, some cleansers make my lids sore after using them, this definitely isn't one of those products, it feels so gentle, soothing on the skin, next I like to take one more blob onto that same cotton pad, ready to take over the other eye, and apply another blob to smooth over my face, it removes foundation effortlessly! I then like to take a clean cotton pad, add a yet another blob of the cleansing milk, to take over my face once more ready for the next step. 

2. I then like to take a dollop of the Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 wash and mask onto my fingers, run it under a gentle warm tap, this is just to ensure that it lathers nicely on my face, and apply in circular motions all over, I do like to take just a tiny bit over my eyes to ensure that there's no remaining make-up in this area. I rinse my face with some warm water, pat dry with a nearby towel, and repeat.

3. This is my last step, its the Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner. I like to take one more cotton pad, and drench it in the toner, I then wipe it in upwards motions onto my face...believe me, you will be shocked at how much make-up still shows on this pad even after those previous steps! I like to repeat this once more, each time using a new pad, until no make-up shows at the end.


Palmers Purifying Mask - £6.39 - Feel Unique Botanics Shine Away Clay Mask - £6.99 - Boots
Origins Out of Trouble Mask - £23.00 - Boots

These are the current face masks that I'm using on my skin, although sometimes I do also like to use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 Wash and Mask, as mentioned previously as a mask too. Each of these I enjoy a lot, in fact both the Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Purifying Mask and the Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask are almost empty, as much as I enjoy using them, I'm not 100% sure yet if I'm going to repurchase or if I want to try something new to possibly shine into the spotlight, each of the four all make my skin feel so soft, smooth, cleansed, fresh, I love how they ever so slightly tingle on the skin, its almost as though you can feel them working as you wait for that 10 minute mark, which is normally where I like to grab a cuppa tea and watch a you tube video or read through a couple of blog posts from my favourite people :-)

Please excuse the morning hair in the photo below! 


Botanics Shine Away Clay Mask, mixed with a bit of the Palmers Purifying Mask



Xo

2 comments:

  1. you looking like a little cute avatar in this picture! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thanks?? not too sure what to say back to that :P xx

      Delete